Plantation Florida Debt Defense Lawyer
Gregory Light, Esq. is a Manager-Member of Light & Gonzalez, PLLC, where he works primarily in consumer financial services litigation, personal injury, products liability and appeals. Before founding Light & Gonzalez, PLLC with Anthony Gonzalez, Esq., Mr. Light worked extensively on foreclosure defense and appellate matters at a small firm in South Florida. As a Plantation Florida Lawyer, Mr. Light actively looks for opportunities to help the local community and reaches out to those in need whenever he can.
Mr. Light earned his J.D. From St. Thomas University School of Law in May of 2015, graduating magna cum laude in the top 5% of his class. He is admitted to practice in the State of Florida and in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. He is a member of the Broward County Bar Association and the Federal Bar Association.
At St. Thomas University School of Law, Mr. Light founded the St. Thomas Journal of Complex Litigation and served as its first Editor-in-Chief. He was elected Executive Vice President of the Moot Court Team where he competed at the Robert Orseck Moot Court Competition, coached the Moot Court team in the Prince Evidence Competition, and served as a research assistant for various other competitions. While in law school Mr. Light also served as the President of the Federal Bar Association Student Division at St. Thomas.
Prior to law school Mr. Light worked at a mass tort firm in New York on unsafe drug and medical device matters. Working in this area inspired Mr. Light to go to law school to continue his work helping people through the most difficult periods of their lives.
EDUCATION & COURT ADMISSIONS
B.A. Political Science, St. Thomas University, Miami Gardens, FL 2009
J.D., St. Thomas University School of Law, Miami Gardens, FL 2015; magna cum laude
Bar Admissions: State of Florida; United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
LEADERSHIP, MEMBERSHIPS & HONOR
- St. Thomas Journal of Complex Litigation- Editor-in-Chief (Fall 2014–Spring 2015);
- St. Thomas Law Review (Fall 2013–Fall 2014), Articles Editor (Spring 2014);
- St. Thomas University School of Law Federal Bar Association Student Division- President 2014-2015;
- St. Thomas University Moot Court Team- Executive Vice President
- Book Awards (Highest grade in the class): Civil Procedure, Legal Writing and Research, Property, Appellate Advocacy, and Complex Litigation;
- Electronic Discovery Institute Summit Scholarship Award Winner Fall 2014
- Broward County Bar Association- Member
- Federal Bar Association- Member