Plantation Florida Credit Card Debt Lawyers
At Light & Gonzalez PLLC our Plantation Florida Credit Card Debt Lawyers defend debtors against litigation brought by creditors and debt collectors on credit card debt. We are available for consultation in Plantation Florida to discuss your credit card debt matter, and we handle cases throughout South Florida. Whether you live in Broward County, Miami-Dade County or Palm Beach County our lawyers will work with you to try to get you the best possible results. Depending on your legal needs, we will try to negotiate down your credit card debt, or we will defend you in litigation. Sometimes there are legal defenses against credit card actions that consumers aren’t even aware of.
Don’t be surprised if an lawyer answers the phone when you call! We are available for consultation in Plantation Florida, and handle cases throughout South Florida. Contact us today to speak with an experienced Plantation Florida attorney who will review your case and discuss your legal options.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Negotiate Credit Card Debts
Discharge Credit Card Debts
Post Judgment Relief
Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
PLANTATION FLORIDA CREDIT CARD DEBT ATTORNEYS
Are creditors harassing you for payment? At Light & Gonzalez, PLLC our Plantation Florida Credit Card Lawyers understand that people can become victims of unfortunate circumstances and hardship, and we take pride in guiding clients through their tormenting circumstances and providing a legal path for their civil defense. Depending on your circumstance we may even help negotiate with your creditors to reduce the amount they are demanding in their civil matter. Our South Florida credit card debt defense attorneys assists individuals (consumers) against lawsuits brought by debt collectors (which is usually a credit card company) who may be harassing you for payment. In some instances, these debt collectors may have already filed a lawsuit against you. Our lawyers may be able to assist you if any of the following has occurred:
- You have been receiving letters from a debt collector(s) demanding payment;
- You have received a summons from the court stating that a lawsuit has been filed against you;
- There has been a default and/or default final judgment entered against you;
- You have missed court dates regarding your consumer debt lawsuit;
- Your wages have been (or are currently being) garnished as a result of a court judgment entered against you
DEFENSES AGAINST CREDIT CARD DEBT COLLECTORS
It is important to know your legal rights if a debt collector is seeking to collect money from you on an alleged debt. A Plantation Florida Credit Card Lawyer may be able to help you bring several defenses to the collection and/or enforcement in their matter. Some of the common defenses that may be raised in credit card debt defense matters are:
- Statute of limitations (varies from state-to- state);
- Failure to Attach essential documents to their lawsuit which was filed against you;
- Creditor filed a 1099-C form with the Internal Revenue Service which stated that your obligation was discharged & they are still seeking to collect a debt against you;
- Judgement obtained against you was VOID
In order for you to know what defenses may apply in your circumstance, you should meet with an experienced credit card debt litigation attorney who is familiar with these defenses and how they may be able to apply in your matter.
Contact Light & Gonzalez, PLLC today to speak with a qualified credit card debt lawyer. We will discuss all of the options you have available, and our lawyers will work with you to try to achieve your goals whether you would like to try to negotiate down your debt, or if you want to fight the bank through litigation.
REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION
Fill out the form below to receive a free and confidential initial consultation.