Rear-End Collision Personal Injury Cases
Whether you are on 595, 95, 75, or the Palmetto, rear-end collisions and car accidents are a daily occurrence in South Florida. The injuries resulting from rear end collisions can be more serious than the victim initially thought, and the injuries can linger for months and in the worst cases they are permanent. Have you been injured in a rear-end collision as a result of another persons negligence? If so, then you may want to consider some of the following:
- What was the position of your vehicle before the collision? More specifically, were you stopped in traffic, turning left or right, slowing down, waiting for the light to change, waiting to turn into a shopping center or a driveway, etc.?
- What was the approximate speed of the vehicle that struck you?
- Did you have an opportunity to observe the collision and/or the distance of the other vehicle at any time before it struck your vehicle?
- Were you wearing your seat belt at the time of the incident?
- Were you using turn signals at the time of the incident? How soon before turning and/or stopping did you engage the turn signals if you did use them?
- Property damage – More specifically, how bad was the property damage to your vehicle and to others around you?
- What statement(s) were made to you by the driver who struck your vehicle?
- Were there any witnesses to the car accident?
- Did you make any statements to anyone? If so, then what did you say?
- Do you know if anyone was under the influence of alcohol or any other controlled substance at the time of the collision?
- Were your brake and signal lights in operating condition at the time of the incident?
At Light & Gonzalez, PLLC our attorneys are here to assist the community in dealing with the negligent acts of drivers on the road. If you have been injured in an auto accident as a result of a rear end collision, call us today to schedule a free consultation in Plantation, Florida or over the telephone.